Freitag, 12. Dezember 2014

Vegan Marzipan Spritz Biscuits

Hello cats and kittens!

It's Christmas time! And as a Stepford wife I of course have to bake 10 different kinds of cookies. I'm kidding but I did make some vegan Marzipan Spritzgebäck and I wanted to share the recipe.

You will need:

  • 200g Marzipan
  • 200g (vegan) Butter
  • 100g Sugar
  • 1 Egg (Substitute, in this case soy flour and water)
  • 4 drops Bitter Almond Extract (optional)
  • 100g Starch
  • 200g Flour
  • 1ts Baking Soda
For the egg subsitute I used 1 tbs of soy flour and 2 tbs of water, mixed them together until it's well combined. I did that first to get it out of the way.

Mix together butter, sugar and the "egg" until creamy. Cut the marzipan in small pieces and add it to the bowl. Mix well. I didn't chop the marzipan small enough and it was a hassle getting it evenly combined with the butter and sugar.

The original recipe calls for bitter almond extract but in the description they forget to add it, I guess it can't be that important then. If you happen to have it at home, add 4 drops now.

Add starch, flour and baking soda to the bowl and combine everything to a soft dough. It's a very soft dough because it has to go through a piping nozzle. I used a Kaiser 11mm star nozzle and that was way too small. Get a bigger one if possible.

Put about one third of the dough in a piping bag and pipe little rounds on some baking paper. Make them as evenly as possible if you want to fill them with jam like I did. Bake the cookies at 170°C ("air circulation" mode if your oven has that) and bake until light golden-ish around the edges.

Let them cool completely before you stick 2 of them together with jam (I used super fancy rose apricot jam) and dunk them into chocolate. This is optional, the cookies are damn yummy on their own.





Did you bake any cookies this year already? Tell me in the comments below!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen